Wake up call, Snapchat is our future and if the majority of people are using it, you should learn how to use it too! You need to be where the consumer is, especially if your target market is in the range of 18 to 34 year olds.
Need more convincing to jump on the Snapchat bandwagon? Here are some reasons you should invest in learning more about Snapchat:
1) Snapchat is growing, FAST
According to an article in Bloomberg, the four year old messaging app is surpassing Twitter with its daily active users. Back in December of 2015, it was reported that Snapchat had 110 million active daily users. Fast forward to today, a study recently reported that 150 million people use Snapchat on a daily basis. In comparison, Twitter has less than 140 million daily active users. The report goes on to state that this growth is due to the amount of younger consumers that this app appeals to.
What? Barf rainbows and filters that make your skin look flawless aren't your thing? If you want to capture that younger audience you better start snapping! That goes into our next point...
2) Younger consumers love Snapchat
Statistics show that if you want to engage with a younger audience you probably should be using Snapchat for two reasons.
- Studies report that 41% of 18 to 34 year olds living in the U.S. use Snapchat.
- The average user usually spends 25 to 30 minutes a day on Snapchat.
3) Visuals are a major key
Most consumers nowadays are drawn to content that is easy on the eyes and to the point. Visual content has become the go to tool for marketers. Think about it…. What are some of your favorite social media sites flooded with? Videos, pictures, more cat videos…
A study done by WebDAM stated that by 2018, 84% of communications will be visual. The study goes on to say that an estimated 79% of internet traffic will be video content by 2018. As far as posts that include images? They currently produce a 650% higher engagement rate than text only posts. Guess what platform is short, to the point, and includes visuals in almost every interaction? Snapchat.
Image Credit: NBC
So, how do you get on board, you ask?
There are a few ways you can implement Snapchat into your company's marketing and start engaging the younger crowd:
- Something exciting happening? Share your big announcement
- Entertain your audience with something fun and whacky
- Show how your company works behind the scenes
- Implement a “Snap ad” that can reach new and potential consumers
- Create a Geofilter for your company that will appear when someone snaps in the set location