I talked in length about the next stage of Marketing Eye's business. That is, expansion into the US, selling rights for the company in Europe and basically becoming a truly global player in small business marketing. No else seems to be taking the lead, so it may as well be me.
Expending energy on BIG VISION is one thing but executing it is another.
My friend Andrew comes from an accounting background, and has achieved alot in business. He knows his stuff. He always challenges me on what I am doing and gives great advice when asked. Having someone who you trust challenging you, is imperative when you are thinking about growing a business, because let's face it, entrepreneurs are no always right.
When you are an entrepreneur, it's easy to get caught up in your dreams. To dream so much that it becomes just that - and nothing more.
When you want more and you are really passionate, there are three things that you need to do to be successful.
1. VISION: HAVE A VISION THAT STANDS OUT FROM THE CROWD. IS UNIQUE AND HAS SCOPE.
2. PLAN: NO VISION CAN WORK WITHOUT A WELL THOUGHT THROUGH PLAN. DEVELOP A BUSINESS PLAN AND THEN DEVELOP YOUR MARKETING STRATEGY.
3. EXECUTE: DELIVERING ON YOUR PLAN IS PARAMOUNT. FOLLOW YOUR PLAN AND MAKE SURE YOU CROSS YOUR 'T's' AND DOT YOUR 'I's' ALONG THE WAY. KEEP ON TRACK, USE A GAAN CHART TO HELP YOU ALONG THE WAY.
As Andrew says, "no-one ever criticises you if you have a vision, then develop a plan and execute it", it's when you have a vision and you develop a plan and execute it in a whole different way that upsets the apple cart (being investors, stakeholders and believers).
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.
Latest from Mellissah Smith
- 5 Tips on how to Boost your Facebook Organic Reach
- The most exciting, exhilarating experience you can ever have, starts with #AdobeSummit - here's why
- The Best Marketing Teams Have These Things In Common?
- Is being an influencer all that it's cracked up to be?
- How Marketers Will be Forced to be More Adept
Totally agree. Most people often do before they think or get nervous and mess things up when they can finally implement their plan. It's a good reminder foor small businesses to just follow these steps.
Yes that's true, when you know your idea is good and you are able to justify your directions, wishes, i think it's important to go till the end of your ideas.
Very inspiring words, I agree wholeheartedly.
One thing I would perhaps do is add 'measure' as the last point, as it will provide the visionary tangible feedback on how successfully the plan was executed.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.