As marketers, entrepreneurs and business leaders it is important to know who your competitors are!
Here we have the top five New York startups that have caught our attention as leading marketing professionals. Entrepreneurial mindsets can put you and your business in the forefront of the market if you know how to use it to your advantage. We've noticed the competitive nature of these startups in a very competitive city:
5. Ellevest - Invest Like a Woman - Founded by Sallie Krawcheck, this company was devised to create a platform to 'unleash women's financial power'. Partnering with technology entrepreneur Charlie Kroll. They have assembled a diverse team to give women in the industry, especially female business leaders an upper hand and giving women an easier approach within a male minded world.
4. Today Tix - Just when you thought the show was all over... A startup that gives people exactly what they want, to buy last minute tickets to over 50 Broadway shows in New York City for the best price.
3. Andela - Training program for African Software developers to build a greater network of technology leaders in Africa that more often that not have less opportunities.
2. Kinnek - Generating $31.5 mm in capital Kinnek is an online marketplace, helps small businesses find supplies and the right product to suit their needs.
1. Abacus - Helping your business replace the expense report with a real time expense system. Abacus, provides finance teams with tools and data that enable them to become a strategic pillar in their organisation.
What all these successful startups have in common is that they have obstructed a well-rounded and diverse team with varied qualities and strengths in different fields. Whilst we cannot know their real market strategy, we can see what steps they take next, their target audience and what their objectives are to target them. In doing this we can analyse their progress against others and ourselves to not only better ourselves, but to stay aware of our current rivals to keep us on our toes!!
Written by: Aleena Dimopoulos
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.
Latest from Mellissah Smith
- 5 Tips on how to Boost your Facebook Organic Reach
- The most exciting, exhilarating experience you can ever have, starts with #AdobeSummit - here's why
- The Best Marketing Teams Have These Things In Common?
- Is being an influencer all that it's cracked up to be?
- How Marketers Will be Forced to be More Adept
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.