Then, I come home, shower, and turn on my computer. Mainly I write, but at least for an hour or so, I work.
Unlike most people, I rarely go into my emails. That to me is a Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 job. Instead I look at the Marketing Eye website and think of ways to market our business.
I am THE SUNDAY MARKETER.
Without the influences of an office, I sit overlooking the park and I research marketing blogs around the world. Mainly, outside of Australia, as unfortunately, the Australian marketing blogs are quite limiting and you can tell by reading many of them that they don't travel and are not spending enough time researching what is out there in the world of marketing.
American websites are always good and for design, if you check out Denmark, Sweden and Iceland design firms, you will be sure to get some inspiration. Of course, today, Pinterest fast tracks design search.
There are a few in the UK that are particularly good from a strategic marketing perspective and on social media.Hhowever, the Brit's design on websites and in other marketing mediums is largely not up to par.
As a SUNDAY MARKETER, I always:
1. Look through my marketing consultancy firm websites and make sure all links are working.
2. Check the week's blog statistics. Who is reading what and when so that I can write a blog that relates to what people are interested in.
3. Tweet and find other twitters who are of interest to retweet.
4. Write marketing material. New brochures, blogs, white papers, books, newsletters etc.
5. Check out my Linkedin page and see what is featured on Linkedin Today.
6. Strategize. Think about how our sales pipeline is going and what we will be focused on this week and this month.
What are your tips for marketing on a Sunday?
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.
Latest from Mellissah Smith
- 5 Tips on how to Boost your Facebook Organic Reach
- The most exciting, exhilarating experience you can ever have, starts with #AdobeSummit - here's why
- The Best Marketing Teams Have These Things In Common?
- Is being an influencer all that it's cracked up to be?
- How Marketers Will be Forced to be More Adept
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.