Let me assure you, if you follow the same marketing campaign as other industry sectors - you will fail.
But how do you know what works for your industry? It's not pot luck, nor can you toss a coin and have a reliable outcome.
Professional services marketing is all about personality, systems, consistent behaviours, innovation, reliability and keep ahead of the curve.
If you are a professional services firm, here a some things you may like to consider:
1. Do all your employees understand what your brand is really about? It's personality, the way it communicates, its key messages and how it lives inside the lives of your clients?
2. Have you surveyed a significant swot of clients in the past 6 months to fully understand what their needs are, what they are looking for in a professional services firm and how you can improve your service delivery?
3. Are you employees brand ambassadors or just employees?
4. How often do you communicate with your clients?
5. How consistent are you with communicating with your clients?
6. Are you listening to your clients?
7. Are you encouraging interaction with your clients and other users of your services?
8. Are the systems and processes in place so that if someone 'gets hit by a bus', someone else can pick up from where they left off?
9. Do you have a CRM system in place that is actually used by your sales team?
10. Are you actively seeking out new clients through strategic marketing campaigns that are delivering results?
Lawyers, Accountants, Financial Planners, Advertising Agencies - it's time to re-think your marketing strategy.
P.S. If you like this marketing blog, then please feel free to share it on whatever social network medium you see fit. We love facebook, twitter and linkedin!
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.
Latest from Mellissah Smith
- 5 Tips on how to Boost your Facebook Organic Reach
- The most exciting, exhilarating experience you can ever have, starts with #AdobeSummit - here's why
- The Best Marketing Teams Have These Things In Common?
- Is being an influencer all that it's cracked up to be?
- How Marketers Will be Forced to be More Adept
Very good points that many companies fail to address. They could also very easily be applied to all industries, not just professional services marketing.
Marketing Metrics are very important to know how Marketing is working for your company.
Good points! It's really necessary to re-consider about the way we deliver the business. It may help us to determine the future of the business. And, yes, personality does matter especially when talking about services.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.