Personally, I am in the best spirits for 2014. I almost want to pat myself on the back for staying in on New Years Eve rather than getting amongst it and celebrating the way I could have with people that mean the world to me. I actually took time out just for me and no other reason. I sacrificed everything just to start the new year totally unaffected by anything other than a positive attitude and a gut instinct that said that this was the way I needed to enter 2014.
It's the second day and here are a few tips for those starting work on Monday:
- Clean off the cobwebs - they should not be there in the first place
- Make sure you are organized for Monday, with every single thing in your life in order
- Write down your goals, dreams and ensure that you have finalized that business plan
- Share your goals, dreams and business plan with people who will be instrumental in helping you execute it
- Stop procrastinating - and every single time you feel yourself slipping back into this zone, get up, shake it off and jump up and down (it works, I promise)
- Write a one page letter to all of your staff explaining what role they will be playing in the business this year and how they too can benefit from working towards the businesses goals
- Ring the people that matter and let them know how much you care about them and respect their role in your life
- And live a little… whatever that may mean to you and your life - just do it!