I am inspired. Work is fantastic. Life is falling into place and things are getting done. It's amazing what 24 hours can do. Another day, a new outlook.
Sometimes when you have been staring at the same document for days or doing the same things over and over again, its hard to have a fresh perspective.
It may take some time away from what you are doing to have a 'new outlook' or perhaps it means showing someone else your work.
If you have goals and you want to reach them, then its important to stay on track. Try new paths, but when they are obviously leading you in the wrong direction, switch. Don't waste time. Make the cold hard decisions that need to be made and revisit your business plan or your marketing plan to make sure everything still leads in the same direction.
Some tips on how to keep on track:
1. Ensure your plan is written down in hard copy. We are all about soft copies these days, that sometimes a hard copy is the reminder we need to ensure that we follow things through.
2. Ask others to make you accountable. It may be other members of your team, your board of directors or your family and friends.
3. Change paths if the path you are on isn't going to work.
4. Make decisions and don't be afraid of failure.
5. Engage with everyone around you and get their buy-in.
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.
Latest from Mellissah Smith
- 5 Tips on how to Boost your Facebook Organic Reach
- The most exciting, exhilarating experience you can ever have, starts with #AdobeSummit - here's why
- The Best Marketing Teams Have These Things In Common?
- Is being an influencer all that it's cracked up to be?
- How Marketers Will be Forced to be More Adept
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.