November is the month most companies deep dive into their business strategy and with that, marketing is front and centre. What do we want for our marketing teams to be delivering in 2016.
Most entrepreneurs look for:
- Innovation: A top priority for most entrepreneurs is that their marketing team shows innovation and are not afraid to take some risks. If everyone is walking one way, walking the other is logical, as long as there is reasoning behind that decision.
- Leadership: Having management drive marketing is old-school. Marketing has become such an important role in every company that finally with its place in the board room comes responsibility and the need for leadership. Rather than being reactive, entrepreneurs are looking for proactive leadership from their marketing team. Basically, they are looking for marketing to bring something other than creativity to the table.
- Results: Greater ROI behind marketing spend is essential and never before has it been so accessible for entrepreneurs to find out just how well their marketing department is performing. With analytics and of course, sales performance, it is easy to ascertain how marketing is providing the forum for sales to occur.
- Structure and precision: Entrepreneurs want to feel safe that they can forget about marketing and it will happen regardless of their involvement in the process. Marketing automation has been pivotal to achieving this goal, and has created structure that allows business owners to step back and know that their prospects and customers are being communicated with regularly and in a way that resonates with their specific needs.
- Have a comprehensive marketing strategy in place
- Set KPI's aligned to the business goals of the organisation
- Collaboration internally and externally
- Knowledge that marketing teams are constantly being educated and up skilled in the latest in marketing techniques
- Sales and marketing automation
- Better reporting.