Each day, I will publish ways to improve your small business marketing that are simple, yet effective. By Friday, you will have 100 ways in which to promote your business better. If you have some ideas of your own, please comment and I will be happy to add them in. Thousands of people read Marketing Eye’s marketing blog each week, so any great ideas or experiences is greatly appreciated!
10 WAYS TO MARKET YOUR SMALL BUSINESS
1. Get social; set up a twitter account and put your company branding in the background. Follow 200 people that may be interested in your business and hopefully, they too, will follow you back.
2. Refresh you website; Did you last look at your website 12 months ago? It doesn’t take much to have a great website that works for you and it doesn’t have to cost you much money. Get a ‘fresh set of eyes’ over your website today and look up 10 of your competitors websites to see how you can be better.
3. Re-engage your staff; Go around to every staff member and ask them how they would market your business. Write down the top 10 ways and put an action plan together. Ask them to help you find new clients and promote your business.
4. Find fans or let them find you; Set up a local business page on Facebook and ask your friends and clients to become fans and to send it out to their friends requesting the same.
5. Join LinkedIn and Plaxo; Fill in your details, go through your database on your email and then link your blog, facebook, twitter and other social networks through to your LinkedIn profile.
6. Make it easier for leads to find you; Search engine optimise your website today!
7. Create a tagline for you business and communicate it by putting it on your emails, business cards, letterheads, website – basically every touch point possible.
8. Start a blog and become the journalist you always wanted to be.
9. Comment on other people’s blogs but always remember to add your company name and link to the blog entry.
10. Ring 20 customers and ask them why they bought your product or service. Then ring 20 prospects and tell them the good news! Examples of why people bought your products or services is always the best endorsement.
Marketing Eye is Australia’s leading small business marketing firm. We are experienced in working with micro, small and medium sized businesses that want to grow. We cover Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Townsville and Cairns regions and work with small businesses that understand that their business will benefit from having a ‘marketing eye’. It’s not just about having adhoc marketing campaigns, but a strategic 12 month dedicated program focused on sales and brand growth. www.marketingeye.com.au
P.S. If you like this marketing blog, then please feel free to share it on whatever social network medium you see fit. We love facebook, twitter and linkedin!
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.
Latest from Mellissah Smith
- 5 Tips on how to Boost your Facebook Organic Reach
- The most exciting, exhilarating experience you can ever have, starts with #AdobeSummit - here's why
- The Best Marketing Teams Have These Things In Common?
- Is being an influencer all that it's cracked up to be?
- How Marketers Will be Forced to be More Adept
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.