Quite often clients come to us with very small databases between 200 and 2000. Basically, there is very little we can do with a database that small, and as we all know, building a database is a very powerful way in which to connect with perspective clients and nurture them all the way to a sale.
LinkedIn profiles needs to have:
- Details on what your company does
- Your logo and brochure
- Recommendations from clients and former employees
- Relevant keywords throughout including in your job title
- Links to your website
- Group connections of between 20 and 50 relevant groups: potential clients, industry and potential employees
- Full details of hobbies, jobs you have held to detail your experience, and any charity work you participate in
Then, basically you need to 'go for gold' and don't stop at anything less.
While some people choose to be picky on who they connect with, let me assure you that that is not the best move. The reason being is you never know who may refer you in the future, work for you or be your client because they have moved roles. Importantly, SEO is ripe only when people look for you and check out your account. If you are not updating your connections and your LinkedIn account, why bother having one? It also sends people back to your website and ensures that more people know about your business.
So, it's pretty simple:
- Connect with everyone that doesn't have a fake account on LinkedIn if they want to connect with you
- Take LinkedIn's recommendations and connect with them
- Search for people in companies in which you would like to do business with
- Ensure that you have a Premium Account so that people can find you
- SEO your account
- Share blogs from both your LinkedIn account and your company website on groups and ask questions that relate to the blogs that create conversation and sometimes opinions.
- Watch your LinkedIn account group at a phenomenal pace and reap the rewards.
Once your account has reached 2,000, 5,000 and 10,000 - make sure you export the email addresses into an excel spreadsheet and import into your CRM system. Once it is in your CRM system and e-marketing software, you are able to start communicating on a personal level. Explain where you are connected and why you want to connect with them further and start the conversation.
If your marketing company runs your social media and they are not doing this - then perhaps you need to change social media companies particularly if you are in B2B. Being a social media expert means that they too should have an impressive following across all social media mediums.
Trust me, LinkedIn works for building databases, getting your name out there and driving leads to your website.