Marketing managers today have no excuse. Everything you need to know is online and available just by surfing the net. If you want to know how to write a strategy, it's there. If you want to know how to write a press release, it's there. If you need to know how to put together a social media calendar, it's there.
Nearly everything you can imagine to do with marketing can be found online.
What you don't know, is that even the way you should act, lead, meet and respond is also online.
If you are a careered marketing manager, work in consultancy or want to own your own marketing firm one day, there are a number of things that you should start practising to be more successful.
1. Read: Find the time to spend an hour a day reading about marketing, entrepreneurs, psychology and consumer behaviour. The more knowledge you have, the more you have to draw on when developing strategies, communicating with stakeholders and talking the talk.
2. Dress the part: To be a marketing manager you don't need to be trendy, or dress a certain way. Your own style as long as it is well presented is fine. What you do need to do though is be well groomed. Don't go to important meetings bare faced (if you are a girl), or with an unironed shirt. What these things tell about you to your audience is more than you will ever know.
3. If you are not good at something, work on it: Don't just pass it onto someone else or worse, not include it in a marketing strategy that you are writing for a client or the business you work in.
4. Write detailed emails: You are not in PR so don't write fluffy emails. Write professional emails that clearly outline what you are trying to communicate.
5. Always follow up regardless of how busy you are.
6. Be strategic about everything; your job, the business and how you tackle life.
7. Show leadership skills in everything you do. Train those around you and nurture their growth.
8. Let your work and performance do the talking. You will never need to say a word about how good you are or what you have achieved if you are doing your job well.
Today's marketing manager has so many advantages over their older counterparts. The ability to gain knowledge and learn from other's experiences ensure that no marketing campaign is done without understanding the full paradigm in which it is being presented.
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.
Latest from Mellissah Smith
- 5 Tips on how to Boost your Facebook Organic Reach
- The most exciting, exhilarating experience you can ever have, starts with #AdobeSummit - here's why
- The Best Marketing Teams Have These Things In Common?
- Is being an influencer all that it's cracked up to be?
- How Marketers Will be Forced to be More Adept
When some one searches for his essential thing, therefore he/she wishes to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained
Quaity arrticles is the important to iterest
the users too pay a visit thhe web page, that's what this web page is providing.
I constantly emailed this web site post page to all my contacts, for the reason that if like to read it afterward my contacts will too.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.