Marketing is key to success. It gives a company the forum for sales to occur and sales people no excuses as to why they can't sell your product or service.
As an entrepreneur, who is largely time poor, I decided to give myself 6 hours to set the wheels in motion for January 2017 and here what happened:
- My to do list was long, but efficient: I wrote down a list of things that I could achieve in 6 hours that would be implemented in January 2017, then printed it off for the whole team to look at. There were a few add on's that were worth the collaborative approach and may in fact be our deal breakers.
- Digital media featured highly, so I wrote 4 electronic direct mail pieces which took me 20 minutes each. That's 80 minutes gone! I then went to www.unsplash.com and found pictures that took me away from our normal, mundane picture library. It inspired me so hopefully it will inspire others to give us a call should they need marketing services. This took 45 minutes as I got a bit lost in the pictures.
- Social media calendar development scored highly too, so I looked at our most effective social media platforms; LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram and started putting together a calendar. This took longer than I thought as pictures, inspirational quotes, pushing of blogs and opinion pieces needed thought. 2.5 hours in total.
- I wrote a direct mail letter the old fashion way, for the team to send out with our glossy brochure. That took 40 minutes.
- I wrote a media release to send out to our existing database which took 1 hour.
Times up. Well worth the exercise and had me working at full capacity without interruption. I am a fast and efficient writer, so content was the easy part. I was 25 minutes over, but I can guarantee you that from this 6 hours of time used to work out January's top marketing priorities, our company will get sales.