It's Tuesday, and I have already worked one day of the weekend and one weekday, yet I haven't touched the surface.
Why is it that when you really are passionate about everything you do in life, that something always holds you back? For my life, it's time.
I always say, that time is the most important thing you can get from someone in your life. If you have their time, there is nothing else you will need. But time is harder than you think. With running an international business, having my fingers in quite a few different business pies, dedicating time to charity, trying to get a little bit of training in and developing technology - writing books and painting has definitely been put to the way-side.
How do people really manage?
Firstly, it's important to understand that it is not easy. Secondly, you have to make sure you know your priorities and stick to it.
"If you want something done, ask a busy person." Benjamin Franklin
Here is my list of how to get your life back on track, and fit it all in:
- Make a plan and list your priorities
- Work out what you can outsource and what needs to be done by you
- Don't micro manage and if you are a control freak - get over it!
- When you start a task, finish it before starting the next
- Believe in yourself and set goals
- Reward yourself when you have finished a task!
Simple, yet very effective.