I could be overwhelmed, or think of this as a hassle or something that I dread, but instead, I see it as a taxi ride to work - albeit in another location.
My glass is brimming at the top, probably even overflowing, at times, and it's not often that I don't see the positive in something. I can take a bad situation and turn it into a good one. A nightmare drama, and see a side to the situation that helped me learn something new, even if it was the hard way.
I am always thinking positively. Unless, of course, things keep smacking me in the face, then I understandably feel a little beaten. A good nights sleep ensures that I wake up and all is simply forgotten. It's a new day and I have to enjoy it to the fullest.
When I arrived in Sydney, the sun was shining - out of the cold and into the heat. Just one thing to smile at. But that was not all. In fact, that was the icing on the cake.
I rocked up at the office and I had a "cha-ching" moment. That is quite distasteful to say, I know, but it was a moment that solidified what I am doing and the direct impact it will have on my business.
It's exhilarating to ride a wave and perhaps we will fall off from time to time, but surfing is our thing. It's not our first rodeo as they say, and we definitely are ready to tackle whatever is in front of us with gusto.
One thing is for sure:
- Nothing is possible without a brilliant team striving to be the best
- You have to get your marketing strategy right and dare to be different
- Good ideas mean nothing if they are not executed
- Don't waste time with people who are not going to directly affect you achieving your goals
- Set yourself up to be criticised, brought down, trolled - whatever! Because this will make you indestructible.
I'm loving this marketing company right now and it deserves every energetic moment I give it. We are dreaming big and hitting little milestones along the way that are bringing our team closer and closer together. It really quite remarkable.
Mellissah Smith is a marketing expert with more than 20 years experience. Having founded and built two successful marketing companies internationally, she is well recognized as a industry thought leader and innovator. Mellissah started her career working with technology and professional services firms, primarily in marketing, public relations and investor relations, positioning a number of successful companies to list on the various Stock Exchanges around the world. She is a writer, technology developer and entrepreneur who shares her thoughts and experiences through blogs and written articles published in various media outlets. Brag sheet: #2 marketer to follow on Twitter (2003), Top 150 Marketers to Follow (2015), Top 10 innovative marketers (2014), 60K+ followers on Twitter with 97% authentic.
Latest from Mellissah Smith
- 5 Tips on how to Boost your Facebook Organic Reach
- The most exciting, exhilarating experience you can ever have, starts with #AdobeSummit - here's why
- The Best Marketing Teams Have These Things In Common?
- Is being an influencer all that it's cracked up to be?
- How Marketers Will be Forced to be More Adept
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.